Post Uganda Mission Trip Thoughts

 Here's a few thoughts from some of our Uganda team members Post Mission Trip

Jeremy Mikeska

I was once again amazed that the God of the Universe partners with man to accomplish His purposes. He desires for us work- to think, plan, and pray for people in finding ways to help them see the truth and walk in it. He doesn’t need me, but He longs to use me. And since He knows the questions that others will have when we arrive to teach/serve, He moves in our hearts (sometimes months/years before) to prepare the answers. Our dependence on Him is constant in the studying and writing of lessons and also in answering questions on the fly. The Spirits movement and use of me truly leaves me awestruck! Why would He use me? Simply because He created me to do good works and saved me by grace to give me the opportunity to do those good works. 
 
I am also amazed again at the uniqueness of His people. I was blessed to hear the students we were teaching share that they recognized the differences among the 4 of us teachers and how God used us as a team to accomplish the work. 
 
To be stretched. Engaging with brothers and sisters from a different part of the world helps us see more clearly the beauty of God’s creation and His love for mankind. Being placed in a bit of uncomfortable space with new scenes and people helps stretch our faith and learn to walk with the Spirit closely and it can help us recognize possible blinders in our spiritual development. You can do that in other ways of life; but submitting/collaborating with a team for a mission trip can change routines in your life for a “short” time giving you a different space to reflect on what truly is important-following Christ each and every moment.


                                                                    Renee Campbell

Being on a trip for missions (especially one as remote and culturally diverse as Uganda) brings such a unique perspective on worship, teaching, and fellowship that one cannot get at home.  Seeing your Ugandan brothers and sisters in Christ actively engaged in the above three activities gives you a glimpse of what we will experience in heaven when all nations praise our King.  I am always excited and awed to see how God will work in and through every member of a mission team, and how I will have a renewed appreciation for His eternal plan and how we get to play a small part in it.

                                                                     Shane Quezada


Stepping out in faith to go on a mission trip will challenge your own beliefs on who God is and why we serve Him.  Is He eternal, sovereign, omnipresent, omniscient? If He is, why would we not step out in faith, trusting Him and allowing Him to work both in us and through us for His kingdom, for His Glory.  It’s what we’re called to do!


Jen Bryant

Through this trip, the Lord really showed me in yet another way that He is truly able to do more than we could ask or imagine!  When we started planning this trip so many months ago, I was quite skeptical that it would actually come to fruition with the ever-changing Covid restrictions & complications.  But God, in His perfect timing & awesome sovereignty, not only made a way for our team to get to Uganda but also made a way for our Ugandan sisters & brothers to join us for the conferences!

Going on a mission trip is truly a life-changing experience.  God has pushed me, stretched me, and grown me in incredible ways through missions.  He has taught me how to step out of my comfort zone and to lay myself aside to serve Him and His people.  Through my mission trip experiences, He has opened my eyes to a whole new perspective of the Body of Christ - our cultures may be different, our languages may be different, but our hearts are beautifully united as brothers & sisters in Christ!  It makes me look forward with even greater anticipation to the time when “every knee will bow & every tongue confess that Jesus Christ  is Lord!”

Randall Satchell


That God's grace is sufficient, and he will accomplish his purposes. Our own sense of competence, readiness, or confidence is not required. Willingness and obedience is all that he asks, and then his grace is sufficient. A believer in Jesus Christ should consider going on a mission trip so that heaven is not the first time you worship God together with people from other nations, tribes, and languages. To experience the Church beyond our church is truly amazing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Done with day 4, and we want more!

Team Theme

Dubai Mission Trip 2022